We gave Devin tickets to Walking with Dinosaurs as his main birthday present. It was a special date for Mommy and Devin that was highly anticipated and was counted-down toward. It was so great to have a night alone with this little man.
On the way there we had great conversation and once we parked he hopped out of the car and came around to my door so he could open it. Adorable! He let me hold his hand, even, though he was less thrilled about the forced pictures.
Before we left the house I told him that he could pick one treat/thing to buy at the event. Upon entering the arena he immediately chose popcorn, but I advised waiting for just a bit. He waited long enough to spy the cotton candy and then it was a done deal. Later he did tell me that he wanted this spinning light thing, and I had to inform him he'd already made his choice; he handled this so maturely even I was surprised! Anyway, the cotton candy was a great choice and he thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't even say a word when he proceeded to eat it like an animal and got seriously sticky.
He was a little nervous before the show started about whether the dinosaurs would be real and what if he got scared. I let him know that he could hold my hand or that he could sit on my lap, if needed. There were some moments where hand-holding was necessary, mostly during the Tyrannosaurus Rex part, and there was a moment of terror ("for real!?") when the paleontologist told us that the earth was going to start moving very fast, but overall Devin thought the show was fantastic. I loved hearing his gasps and "oohs" and when he would shout out dinosaur facts. We both thought this was a great show, and I was impressed with how everything was done. I had such a great time on our date and am so lucky have this dinosaur-loving boy to mother.












No comments:
Post a Comment