January 28, 2015

House Work

In the beginning I was going to save all the working-on-the-house pictures till the big before/after post, but then I realized it would be the world's longest post with the most pictures ever. Most of these are crappy iPhone pictures because I don't like getting out the camera when my hands are all dirty, but I still want to save the memories. I need to be better about not using the iPhone only. Additionally, half the house pictures I took got deleted at the same time I somehow deleted Devin's birthday pictures. Even without the pictures, I'm pretty sure Rich will never forget all the effort and hard work he's putting in. He's been working almost non-stop since our closing at the beginning of November. He took the two weeks off around Christmas and worked almost all day every day except Christmas and Christmas Eve, and now he's there every night after work till midnight or later, then all day Saturday. He's so awesome.
 
 
The boys get all sorts of satisfaction going over to the new house and working along with Daddy. They also enjoy the fact that going to the house usually means watching shows. When the weather is okay, I make them have outdoor time. I win mother-of-the-year awards when I usher them into the backyard then lock them out and tell them to have fun and that they will know they can come in because the door will be unlocked. It is an amazing backyard, and they are having lots of fun, but I'm sure the neighbors love hearing them scream to be let back in. 
 
 
 
 
Anyway, we are finally to the point of seeing things come together, and it's so exciting; there is some paint on the walls, a pretty new counter top, and gorgeous new light fixtures. This man of mine is making this new house the best ever. The boys and I certainly can't wait to live there and to have Rich back at night!

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Oh my goodness! Your husband is a freaking saint! And so are you! It is not going to be something you will regret. And I love the locking the kids out. Ha ha ha! Genius!