July 16, 2016

Nora 9 Months

Oh, this baby girl grew up soooo much this month! On June 21, she pulled herself up to kneeling on the laundry basket, on June 22, she went back to sitting position from kneeling, and on June 29, she pulled herself to standing up to the couch. 
It was like a blur of growing up in a one-week period. Now she pulls herself up all the time, and on July 6, she even let go of me while standing and tried to stand all on her own! Stop it, Baby Girl! Rich and I commented that all of a sudden she seems so much bigger. By the end of the month she was walking along the couch and anywhere she could stand. It's kind of funny to see her mobile when she's so little, but also, I just need her to stop getting so big.

She's eating from the table 75% of the time and hasn't really hated anything so far. I even spoiled her and gave her sugar and ice cream on the 4th of July. I never would have done that with the boys. So, there you have it Nora; you won't have as good a documentation, but you will get to do things earlier than your brothers!! Already spoiled. Mostly I'm happy that she loves avocados and is definitely on team cilantro. She does have a bad throwing-food-on-the-floor habit, but we forgive her since she's just a baby. Ha!
 
Her sleep was a bit rockier this month because she did not like sleeping in the tent at Lava Hot Springs, and though she went back on routine once we got home, the next weekend--right at about her 9-month mark--she started waking earlier in the morning and during the night a few nights. I think she was working on some teeth again, though no more have popped through yet.
Nora still loves her brothers and laughs so much for them, but I am her favorite, by far :) She always watches me and wants me to hold her above everyone else. I have revel in that preference right now because I'm sure it won't always be that way!

She enjoys climbing up on the tile ledge and exploring wherever she can. She enjoys eating food (or anything) off the floor and hates wearing her hat outside. She doesn't mind the grass too much and will even try to crawl around on the cement. 
 
She's a pretty happy little girl and makes the cutest little sounds. She blows good raspberries and vibrates her lips so well. She does a good lip popping imitation when anyone will go back and forth with her. She refuses to do sign language and prefers to shrill scream instead. Man, her new scream is shrill and loud. My goodness! 
She hates her face being wiped but is one adorable girl, so we forgive her. She does like to pull hair and is very interested in exploring anything she can. She really likes swinging outside and feeling like a big girl with the boys. It often puts her to sleep.
 

We just love this 9-month girl!

1 comment:

Marisa Jean said...

Man, oh man, I wish my kiddo liked anything I gave her at the table. Aspen has turned into miss nose-turner-upper when it comes to delicious foods. Completely lame! Nora is so yummy in every way!